Finally, there is help for homeowners who are underwater on their mortgages.
Do any of these sound like you?
- The value of my property has fallen.
- I owe more than my home is worth.
- I have been turned down for a refinance loan in the past.
- I am having trouble making my house payments.
- I have an adjustable rate mortgage.
- I don’t qualify for loan modification.
- I can’t afford my mortgage payment.
If so, we might have the answer that you’ve been looking for.
The Making Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP Phase ll) is a government backed mortgage program that allows most borrowers with existing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans to refinance their homes. Even if they owe more than their home is worth, have an adjustable rate mortgage, have been turned down for a refinance loan or loan modification prior, or simple cannot afford their mortgage payment anymore.
The goal of HARP Phase ll is to make it more affordable for you to stay in your home with monthly mortgage payments you can keep up with and keep your dreams of having an affordable home alive. We are here to help you qualify for the HARP Phase ll program if we can show that you are receiving one or more of the following benefits:
- A lower monthly mortgage principal and interest payment;
- A lower interest rate;
- A shorter amortization term (a loan for fewer years); or
- A more stable mortgage product; for example, movement from an ARM to a fixed-rate mortgage.
If you are looking for a lower interest rate, a fixed mortgage, a lower payment, or a better mortgage, then refinancing your home through the Making Home Affordable Program may be the right answer for you.